MIRROR ONLINE, JUNE 10, 2017
COVERAGE FOR MULLER MILK
Fresh sheets, that first coffee and hearing ‘I love you’ – the little pleasures that bring most joy
- On average we have 17 uplifting moments a week – from having a laugh with friends to finishing a god book and an ice cold beer on a sunny day
Crisp, fresh sheets and waking up to bird song are two simple things that give Brits a feelgood factor.
According to a survey, you really can’t buy happiness as it is everyday lifts in life like watching Match of the Day without knowing the results or hearing the words “I love you” that bring joy.
Pure pleasure is a glowing school report brought home by a beaming child, finishing a good book and even getting a friend request on Facebook .
A study has revealed on average Brits have 17 uplifting moments a week from the first coffee of the day and a belly laugh with pals to finding a pound left in a shopping trolley.
Fish and chips on the seafront, driving with the windows down, the sound of a champagne cork popping, devouring an entire chocolate bar and swimming in warm sea also made the top 70 pleasures in life.
Compiled by dairy brand Muller Milk, the research found nine in ten adults appreciated the simple things in life far more with age.
More than two thirds said they valued family more than ever and six in ten said they treasured moments of peace and quiet.
A fifth confessed a full English breakfast made them happy and a quarter said banter with their work mates worked wonders on their mood.
From a spot of nookie or losing a few pounds in weight to the smell of freshly cut grass and an ice cold beer on a sunny day, Brits don’t need to splash out a fortune to get a kick out of life.
Just finding a parking space outside the house, pulling on a new pair of socks or a modest £10 win on the lottery are enough to set most up for the day.
Muller spokesperson Michael Inpong, said: “This survey goes to show that big grand gestures are not always needed to make us happy and fulfilled.”
30 pleasures in life
- Sleeping in freshly cleaned bed sheets
- Hearing the words “I love you”
- A kiss from someone you love
- Putting your feet up after a long day
- Being intimate with your other half
- A belly laugh with friends
- Eating fish and chips by the seaside
- A hot bubble bath
- Sitting in a beer garden on a sunny day
- Sitting in front of a real fire
- A cuddle with your children
- Ordering your favourite take away
- The smell of freshly cut grass
- Realising you’ve lost weight when you hop on the scales
- Eating an entire bar of chocolate
- Winning a tenner on the lottery
- Hearing a baby laugh
- Drinking wine looking out at a beautiful view
- Finishing a book
- Someone laughing at your jokes
- Finding a fiver in a pocket or handbag you haven’t used for ages
- Waking up to birds singing
- Watching Match of the Day without knowing the results
- A glowing school report
- First cup of coffee of the day
- Swimming in a warm sea
- Watching your children play
- Dancing to your favourite song
- Finding a pound left in a shopping trolley
- A friend request on Facebook